It’s finally here! If you have been waiting for our new ordering system to go live, the time is now. Listed below are some guidelines for getting started with Labprints. It has a platform for both Mac and PC. We will still have our Labtricity and Dakis online ordering systems as well.
Getting Started with the Labprints Ordering System for f/32 Photo
1. Download the free software for LP Digital Studio at www.labprints.com.
When you click on the “download now” button, you will see a list of labs to choose from. Find f/32 in the list and click on “mac” or “pc” next to it depending upon your computer system.
Once the software is downloaded, install the program. When you first open the installed program, you will be asked to register by creating an account. Fill out the requested information or log in if you already have an existing account.
Visit www.labprints.com/website/support.php for online tutorials and a knowledge base with written directions for use of the software system.
2. Create a New Project – A project can be a portrait session, a wedding, an event, or any portion thereof that you choose. All images that you import into a project are displayed on the Light Table. Labprints uses low resolution files that are linked to the full resolution images.
3. The Light Table – This is where you can view all images in your project, sort them into files or groups, select images to be seen in a slideshow, compare images and rank them (yes, no, maybe). Click on “View” in the toolbar to determine which windows you would like to see open on your screen.
The Filing/Grouping window is useful for sorting your images for different uses. You can add or remove groups. You can choose for all images to show on the light table at all times or only for selected groups of images to show. You can select only images you want to appear in a slideshow or use for projection. You can select images that you want to batch order for specific sizes, for example all 4×6’s for a proofbook.
The “Compare” tool is useful for narrowing down image choices. You can show 1 to 6 images on the compare screen and can rank the images and/or trash them as you go.
There is also a “Projection” tool that allows you to sell by projection. This tool is a demo for a limited time and can be purchased after the demo expires or anytime preceding that.
There is also a “Toolbox”. This allows you to determine the sorting order of your images, rename your images, relink your images if you have moved the high resolution files, and print thumbnails of images in a project.
In the main toolbar you will see a “Setup” option. By clicking on the Setup option, you can choose Preferences to set the default preferences of your Labprints software, choose Packages to create your own combination of prints and items into packages for ease of ordering, and choose Prices to create as many custom price lists as you choose.
In the main toolbar, you will also see a “Tools” option. Under the Tools option is a Batch Order tool. This is useful for ordering multiples of the same size for different images.
4. The “Edit/Order” Tab – This is where you can order images a la carte, custom crop each image, export the image to a third party editor such as Photoshop and back into Labprints once edited, and add services to images ordered. The price list shown in the ordering menu is one of your choice, not the lab’s pricing menu. At the top of the price list you may choose to see All Products or constrain the list to Standard Products, Canvas, Proofbooks, etc.
Images may be scrolled through individually from the Edit/Order screen. You may reach the Edit/Order screen from the Light Table by double clicking on any image in the project.
5. The “Invoicing” Tab – This is where you review the images you have ordered and send the order to f/32. From the Invoicing tab, click on “create lab order”. Fill in your studio information. For your first order, your account number should be 9999. Once we receive your first order, we will assign you a unique account number to use for the future. At this point, you can add order services. We have set “lab corrected” images as default. If you wish your images to be printed as “non-corrected”, you must select this option in the order services menu. If you choose any services in the add order services menu, your paper selections that you have chosen through the edit/order tab will be negated unless you select them again here. E Surface paper is set as default, so if you want E Surface paper (aka Lustre) you do not have to make a selection.
If you wish to have your order drop shipped by f/32, click on the Drop Ship information button. If you do not currently have an account with f/32 Photo, we will contact you to set one up for this service.
Once all services are selected, you may choose to upload your order via the Internet or to a cd. If uploading to the internet, the first time you will be prompted to enter a password. It is f32photo.
6. Storefront Tab – This is not required to use the Labprints ordering software, but if you are looking for an online hosting solution, Labprints offers several platforms for studios with and without merchant accounts. Their storefront option coordinates with the ordering software and allows you the option of having the orders automatically uploaded to f/32 or pulling the orders into Labprints, searching for the full resolution files, and allowing you to make edits before uploading the orders for printing.
If you have any questions about f/32 Photo’s services or the Labprints ordering software, do not hesitate to contact us at 865-934-0909 or email@example.com. If you would like for us to add any sizes or products to the ordering software, please let us know that as well. We look forward to working with you.